Customers are savvier than ever about the environmental impact of paper. Your long-term viability depends on making responsible choices for your customers. NewPage offers some considerations to keep in mind when developing your next catalog project.
Catalog Project Considerations
- Evaluate the size and number of pages of your publication for optimum postage efficiencies.
- Consider using lighter basis weights while maintaining a quality look and feel.
- Use North American, chain-of-custody certified papers.
- Choose a paper mill that is close to your printer.
- Order enough paper quantities to completely fill the delivery vehicle.
- Consider launching sustainability and recycling education programs that promote responsible disposal of your products.
- Provide your suppliers enough lead-time to allow for the most efficient transport mode.
Additional Considerations & Guidelines
- Clarify your environmental goals both internally and in response to consumer demand.
- Keep all of your departments in the loop:
- Production can help explore sustainable paper options.
- Marketing can sell to advertisers and the news media.
- Editorial can sell to customers.
- Promote recycling to your customers and participate in recycling campaigns.
- Partner with NewPage, a transparent supplier who offers sustainability expertise.